Saturday, August 30, 2008

A Film about "The Men That Work The Beach" of Waikiki

WILLIE GRACE:
A local Hawaiian Beach Boy for so many year's on the beach of Waikiki who was Born and Raise in the Islands. I am also a 1976 Hawai'i State Surfing Champion for the Jr. Men's Divisions. I'm also a 1977 California Men's Surfing Champion in Short Boarding Division's. He is also a 1977 California State Paddle Boarding Champion, and a Longboard Champion in the 1989/90 Buffalo's Big Board Surfing Classes in Hawai'i and in Japan. I have travel all over the U.S.A. and parts of the World to Surf. I am also known to a lot of people as guy who Surf and dose Filming who knows me has a Writer/Producer/Director/Filmaker in the Surfing World.

My Project:
I am working on is about my life and times of being on the beach of Waikiki, and seeing want it was like growing up as a Hawaiian Beach Boy. So I name the Film or Movie after want is known to be a lifestyle, and to have been there to see so many changes on this beach. This is where Duke Paoa Kahanamoku, and his friend's or co workers known as the beach boys who would live, play and work to make a living, and to show everyone want the Aloha Sprit is all about. I have called it or have name it as ''The Men That Work The Beach'' witch is part of my Movie, and a Book about a Documentary of the Ancient Art of Surfing and being a Hawaiian Beach Boy.

It is my KULEANA:
My Kuleana ( My Own Personal Sense of Responsibility, and I feel I have to be held Accountable ) do to this research, and to do some specializing work that well look into the past of Modern Day Hawaiian Beaches and Surfing. That is why for me it is my Dream that I feel, and know I need to do this project, and to go along with my Mana, Roots, Culture and the History of the Waikiki Beach Boy's. My work and Photo's have been Published in Surfer, Surfing along with Japan and other Local Hawai‘i Newspapers or Magazines Worldwide including the Internet News Clips. I have also Produced Local Commercials and Ad's for Video Projects. I have taking many Photo's and Video's that have been seen on the Gotcha and Backdoor TV Shows, and other Videos and TV Surf Show around the world. A lot of my stuff was also sold to People who were working on their own projects and needing stock video or clip's of their team rider's in Hawaii to add to their own video project. So for me I feel that right now is the time to have this Film, Book and my Story to be share with the world on want they all have done. Right now with myself, and You the people of the Hawaiian Islands all need to Stand Up for want is PONO (Right), and let the world know that it needs to be said, and told about our Past, Present and the Future of One of the Best, and most Beautiful Place known as Waikiki.

The Waikiki and Hawaiian Beach Boys:
The Waikiki and Hawaiian Beach Boys are a few good men on the beach that is now part of your ''Ohana'' family. With the Sand and the Sea that belongs to each and every one of us, because we love the (Moana) ocean so much that we must mold and shape her future as we see it for the benefit of her people and Hawaii. Waikiki beach and the beach boys share, and got the word starting with the Aloha spirit, and it is always here. The (ALOHA) love is here also, and the ocean is here to play with and learn the sport of the (Ali'i) Kings surfing from our people of the Aina (land) because it is our heritage, and it will always be here and for ever. People around the world back in the day would travel to the 50th State because of the words Aloha, Waikiki, Surfing, Duke Kahanamoku, Hula Girls, Grass Shacks, Diamond Head and to see the ''Brown Skin Boys know as the Hawaiian Beach Boys'' of Waikiki. 

Word's by:Willie Grace

No comments: