Saturday, November 04, 2006

Willie Grace of Style & Grace Surf Productions

Let me formally introduce myself. My name is Willie Grace.
I'm a native Hawaiian, born and raised in Hawaii. I have been surfing for over 30 years and am a former Hawaii and California State Surfing Champion. All of the surf spots in the Hawaiian Islands have been my play grounds for decades. You are in good hands with a "local Hawaiian Beach Boy" who knows these waters well. I know the breaks, channels, tides, reefs and overall critical information needed to ensure your safety. Teaching surfing is personally satisfying for me. I teach because I feel it is important to perpetuate Hawaiian Surfing by sharing this great sport with others. Not to mention, it's great to see that look on someones face the first time they ride their first wave!


NO WAI KE KULEANAWHOSE RESPONSIBILITY IS IT?NO KAUAOURS
We as Hawaiian Beach Boys and Wave Riders in Waikiki are responsible to gaze deeply into that blue wave where we get our Mana. Waves may look the same at first glance, but if you look deeper into the wave you will see the foundation on which the blue wave beauty exists. Our Kupuna have perpetuated Hawaiian Surfing in their own way while firmly grounding themselves in the foundation on which Hawaiian Surfers have evolved and grown.Growth in any form needs a firm foundation. Hawaiian Beach Boys, Canoe Paddlers and Surfer's are no different, As Hawaiian and Waikiki Beach Boys and Watermen, we have a Kuleana to make sure that the foundation of Hawaiian and Waikiki Beach Boys is solid so that our offspring have a clear understanding of where they came from and who they are. We need to teach others to "Honor" those Kupunas who have stood fast in preserving and perpetuating this foundation of Waikiki and Hawaiian beaches for all of us to enjoy.NOW it is our time and our KULEANA to make sure that this foundation of Hawaiian beaches is preserved and perpetuated for the FUTURE GENERATION of the KEIKI (children) of HAWAII"...
UA MAU KE EA O KA AINA I KA PONO"The life of the land is perpetuated in righteousness"

No comments: